Welcome to the online home of the Las Vegas High Rollers and Strollers volksmarching club. We are an AVA-affiliated, Las Vegas-based club that focuses on recreational walking.
- Our next meeting is scheduled for: Because of summer scheduling conflicts, we're moving our regular business meetings to the 3rd Wednesday of the month, instead of the 4th Wednesday. We'll still meet at Panera's (365 Hughes Center Dr; Las Vegas NV 89169), our regular meeting place, at 700pm. The dates are June 19th, July 17th and August 21st.
- Join us for our next group event: Our walking club takes a hiatus on group walks over the summer. Our next group walk will be in September. Please (safely) enjoy our YRE walks during the summer; note that our Downtown, North Strip, and South Strip walks offer interesting walks with the option to duck into air conditioned hotels and casinos along the way (a welcome break during the high heat of the summer!). We also offer monthly volks-swim events in Boulder City during the summer (see sidebar for dates). See you in the fall!
- Save the date! We have tentatively scheduled a special group walk at the China Ranch Date Farm for October 10. More info will follow.
- Congratulations!!! Congratulations to our club member, Mary Ptacek, who received the President's Award at the recent AVA National Convention for her more than 25 years of service to the sport of volksmarching. Also, congratulations to our club's vice president Carl Cordes who was recently elected to the position of Pacific Regional Director for the national AVA volksmarching organization.
- LVHRS July-September 2019 newsletter
- July 2019 Checkpoint